BIRDY 4G LTE is a POCSAG and 4G LTE pager
designed and manufactured by TPL Systèmes for the emergency Services market. Released in 2009 in 2G version, BIRDY 4G LTE is an evolved version integrating a larger number of Capcodes (up to 128), multi-colour back-lighting enabling it to
allocate a colour to a Capcode. It also includes a GSM modem compatible with 3G (or 2G) and 4G LTE mobile networks. BIRDY 4G LTE is designed to be used in tough conditions and is rated IP 54. Its robust design enables resistance against water splashes, dust, and unavoidable bumps during field operations. BIRDY 4G LTE is made of robust materials. Its mechanical and electronic design guarantees reliable use, whatever the conditions.
The synthesized version of this POCSAG pager is available in more than 15 frequency
bands (VHF and UHF). BIRDY 4G LTE integrates a 3G/4G module (or 2G/4G) enabling the automatic acknowledgment when a Paging message is received. The User can confirm that the operation has been taken into account and accepted.
The BIRDY 4G LTE can receive messages sent by a Cellular network either in M2M mode or via normal SMS The GPS module enabling the location of BIRDY 4G LTE can be activated or not at the
programming stage. It can be also activated/ de-activated by the user. BIRDY 4G LTE integrates a module of availability follow-up « DISPOBIP » linked to the alert system which enables to check / change one’s availability status.
BIRDY 4G LTE can be easily integrated within Man alert system thanks to its alert software «
BIRDY gateway ». BIRDY 4G LTE gives the possibility to send an SOS with location as well as the PTI alarm
(Man Down vertical and movement detection loss).
– 128 Capcodes with 4 sub addresses
– Possibility to set each Capcode with a pre-defined message, specific ring tone, backlight color… etc.
– Memory of 20 messages of 256 characters each, accessible by the user and an additional 64 messages accessible by PC, for a total of 84 messages
– Possibility to edit from the programming software, all the messages with date and
time kept in memory
– 21 alert ring tones—unread messages alerts
– Vibrator only / Vibrator and ring tone / Vibrator and then ring tone/ Low battery
– LCD display 5 lines of 20 characters, RGB multi-color backlighting (7 Colors)
– «Out of Range» for out of coverage alarm
– Over the Air Programming (OTA)
– Powered by Li-ion battery 3,7V/1300mA
– Autonomy: Mode —4G/2 or 3G permanent : 100hrs (without GPS) , 80hrs(with GPS)
Mode POCSAG only: 520h
– Languages : English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, etc…
– Weight: 120 grams (with battery)
– Dimensions : 94 x 59 x 21.5 mm
– Operating temperature and humidity from –20°C to 60°C, 95% @ 40°C
– Storage temperature and humidity from –20°C to 70°C, 95% @ 40°C
– Alarm volume: >86 dBA @ 30 cm, frequency 2731Hz
– Frequency: Available in VHF, UHF on request
– Chanel Spacing 12.5/20/25 KHz
– Modulation System: NRZ – Frequency Modulation: ±4.5KHz (25KHz)
– POCSAG Baud Rate: 512bps, 1200bps or 2400bps
– Receiver Sensitivity1200bps: 3,85uV/m
– Selectivity: 65dB (±25KHz)—Inter Modulation Rejection : >65 dB
– Frequency Stability ±10 ppm
GSM 4G/3G Specifications
– Cat-1 LTE for connection with US & AUS 4G and 3G networks , 4G & 2G for Europe.
– Category 4G LTE : Cat1 –M1, NB-IoT
– Americas LTE: B4, B13 B2, B4, B12, B17
– EMEA LTE: B1, B3, B7, B8, B20, B28
– Australia LTE : B3, B5, B8, B28
– Quad-band GSM / GPRS / EDGE : 850, 900, 1800, 1900 Mhz
– Hexa-band UMTS WCDMA FDD 800 MHz(B19), 850 MHz(B5/B6),900MHz(B8),
1900 MHz(B2), 2100MHz(B1)
– Sim card under battery
– GPS sensitivity [email protected] – [email protected]
– Cold start : <35s – Hot start : <1s
– GPS 66 channels – Gain GPS (Antenna + LNA) = 17dB