RFI CD 28 VHF Ground Independent Mopole 148 – 175 MHZ – MBC Base with 5m Coax
The CD28 series are ground independent Mopole antennas ideal in “alternative” mounting positions such as gutter, mirror or trunk mounts.
Utilising a patented matching circuit, the CD28-41-70 antennas are end fed dipole antennas combining a durable thermoplastic housing with a flexible tapered stainless whip section resistant to knocks and bends.
• Performance – Exhibits 3 dB improvement in performance over a 1/4 wave whip
• Versatile – Ground independent design allows use in alternative mounting locations
• Rugged – The transformer circuit is housed within a high impact thermoplastic moulding which is virtually indestructible
• Unique termination method simplifies installation and re-cabling in the field
• Designed, manufactured and patented in Australia [Australian Patent # 596830 and 656793]
(1) MopoleTM antennas such as the CD28 have been shown to exhibit a 3dB improvement in received signal level in the field when compared to a ¼ wave whip however in pattern tests exhibit only 1.5 to 2dB over a ¼ wave (equivalent to 1.5-2dBi). This improvement in performance can be attributed to a lower radiation angle level of these ground independent antennas.
(2) Available preterminated with 5m 8058 RG58C/U. Use -73 or -53 suffix to replace -70 or -50 suffix
|Band||148 – 175MHz|
|Tunable Bandwidth||5 MHz @ 1.5:1 VSWR 10 MHz @ 2.0:1 VSWR|
|Nominal Gain dBi||3|
|Tuning||Field tune to minimum VSWR using supplied chart|
|Cable and Connector||Not included, order separately. See note (2)|
|Whip Material||17-7 PH tapered stainless steel whip with moulded base coil assembly|
|Whip Length mm||1340|
|VSWR||5 MHz @ 1.5:1 VSWR 10 MHz @ 2.0:1 VSWR|